- This event has passed.
Support the National Popular Vote Initiative!
June 22, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The last election was lost by the candidate winning
the popular vote by almost 3 million votes!
It’s time for a change to how we vote in the U.S.
We are looking for a few NAACP members to attend a lobby day in Salem this coming Thursday the 22nd. No experience lobbying or in-depth knowledge of the subject required.
NPVIC passed in the House but the Senate Rules committee has not scheduled it for a hearing. The goal is to get HB2927 (without referral) out of the Senate Rules committee and onto the Senate floor for a vote.
Oregon Capital, Salem
Thursday, June 22, from 12 noon to 3 pm
Capital lobby at 12:00 noon.
Those arriving late look for the volunteer with a black NVPIC t-shirt or call Lynn at 503-516-0283.
- RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/OregonNationalPopularVote/ or to
- You may request carpool rides or offer carpool transportation on the FaceBook site
- Please plan to wear a t-shirt or button or carry a small sign to be visible as a member of NAACP
- Let others know about the gathering in Salem on the 22nd.
- 3-5 of us will meet with each of the following Senators while others of us sit visibly in the lobby, walk the hallways or observe the Senate in session. (Of course, meetings with other Senators are useful as well!)
- Sen. Ginny Burdick <http://gov.oregonlive.com/legislators/Ginny-Burdick/>
Sen. Ted Ferrioli <http://gov.oregonlive.com/legislators/Ted-Ferrioli/>
- Sen. Lee Beyer <http://gov.oregonlive.com/legislators/Lee-Beyer/>
- Sen. Brian Boquist <http://gov.oregonlive.com/legislators/Brian-Boquist/>
- Sen. Arnie Roblan <http://gov.oregonlive.com/legislators/Arnie-Roblan/>
- Sen. Pete Courtney <http://gov.oregonlive.com/legislators/Ginny-Burdick/>
- Sen. Richard Devlin <http://www.oregonlegislature.gov/devlin>
Please note that NPVIC is non-partisan, state-wide bill and we want to project that position. We intend to be well-informed and noticeable but not confrontational.
We do hope you’ll join us — and bring any others who might be interested!
ONE PERSON, ONE VOTE