The Eugene/Springfield NAACP is partnering with Lane County to grow awareness of Job opportunities within county government! Look for more to come!
The Equity and Access Advisory Board is live! It is due on June 30th at 5pm. You can find it here: www.lanecounty.org/volunteer. I’ve also attached an electronic copy. Please pass it along to people that you know who might be interested in applying and who fit the criteria.
As a reminder,
The mission of the Equity and Access Advisory Board (“Advisory Board”) is to guide and advise the County Administrator on policies and practices surrounding equity, inclusion and access in both internal and external matters. The Advisory Board will work towards ensuring that:
- All meetings, minutes and documents of the Advisory Board subject to the requirements of Oregon public meetings and public records law will be made accessible to the public;
- All County services and programs are provided equitably, and thataccess to those services and program resources are responsive to and inclusive of the diverse needs of the communities served;
- Recruitment, retention and advancement practices of the County are equitable and inclusive;
- County staff has the ability and opportunity to communicateequity issues to management in a safe environment;
- Performance of the County as an organization will be continuously assessed through the adoption and implementation of anequity and access tool; and
- Providing quality services to rural and geographically remote areas will be a priority.
The Advisory Board is interested in having diverse representation that includes people of different racial
and/or ethnic backgrounds, identities, abilities, and perspectives who:
- Bring a connection to, relationship with and advocacy for specific communities;
- Have a professional background, community leadership, or other relevant experience inequity issues;
- Know how to impact institutional change in the areas ofequity, diversity, and inclusion;
- Have experience across multiple dimensions of diversity.