Mattie Reynolds Scholarship
The Mattie Reynolds Eugene/Springfield NAACP Scholarship was created in honor of long-time Eugene resident and African American leader Mattie Reynold’s commitment to education.
Mattie Reynolds Eugene/Springfield NAACP Scholarship is non-renewable. Selected recipients will be notified in early June.
- $500 scholarship award towards studies at a technical school or trade program
- $1000 scholarship award towards studies at a university or college
- Applicant must be an entering college freshman as a full–time student.
- Applicant must be accepted in an university/college or trade/technical program.
- Applicant must possess a grade point average of at least 2.75 (C+) in a 4.0 system.
- Applicant must be a Lane County resident.
- NAACP membership is preferred and participation is highly desirable.
- Applicant must be received by, May 15, 2018.
- Resume (including contact information, previous job experiences, extracurricular activities, community service, GPA, etc.)
- 750-1000 word essay explaining why you deserve the scholarship. Essay should include the following information about you:
- Career goals
- Academic achievements
- Experience with social justice, such as with the NAACP, student organizations, service clubs, etc.
- Two signed letters of recommendation (other than relatives):
- One personal reference (coach, mentor, counselor, etc.)
- One academic reference (teacher)
- A copy of an admission letter or a letter of commitment from a college or university (should be submitted upon award notification)
Please submit your application through one of the following options: mail, email or Google Form.
- Mail your application to:
ATTN: Mattie Reynolds Scholarship Committee
P.O Box 11484
Eugene, OR 97440
- Email your essay (PDF), resume (PDF), and letters of recommendation (PDF) to with the subject header “Mattie Reynolds Application.”
For comments, questions, or concerns, please email Brittany Judson at .