- This event has passed.
National HIV Awareness Day
February 6 @ 11:00 am - February 7 @ 3:30 pm
Saturday 11-5 pm- Testing Event At the Historic Mims House!
Sunday 1:00 pm *Virtual Panel and Presentation with HIV Alliance and Eugene/Springfield NAACP!
- HIV/HCV Testing Saturday, 2/6/21, Mim’s House
- Testing will be from 11am-5pm
- We will have two testers available
- We will also have home HIV test kits available in case someone prefers this.
- We will also have safe sex kits, information on STI testing and PrEP, and other literature available.
- HIV Educational Presentation Sunday, 2/7/21, virtual via Zoom
- Discuss national, state, and local (Lane County) HIV statistics for African-Americans.
- Discuss health inequities for African-Americans in relation to HIV.
- Discuss the history of HIV and African-Americans (contributions to the pandemic, people lost, history of HIV in Africa).