Mattie Reynolds Scholarship
The Mattie Reynolds Eugene/Springfield NAACP Scholarship was created in honor of long-time Eugene resident and African American leader Mattie Reynolds’ commitment to education.
Mattie Reynolds Eugene/Springfield NAACP Scholarship is non-renewable. Selected recipients will be notified in September.
- $1000 scholarship award towards studies at a technical school or trade/professional program
- $1000 scholarship award towards studies at a 4 year university or college
- $1000 scholarship award towards studies at a 2 year university or college
- Applicant must be an entering college freshman as a full–time student.
- Applicant must be accepted in an university/college or trade/technical program.
- Applicant must possess a grade point average of at least 2.75 (C+) in a 4.0 system.
- Applicant must be a Lane County resident.
- NAACP membership is preferred and participation is highly desirable.
- Application must be received by, September 1, 2022.
- Resume (including contact information, previous job experiences, extracurricular activities, community service, GPA, etc.)
- 750-1000 word essay explaining why you deserve the scholarship. Essay should include the following information about you:
- Career goals
- Academic achievements
- Experience with social justice, such as with the NAACP, student organizations, service clubs, etc.
- Two signed letters of recommendation (other than relatives):
- One personal reference (coach, mentor, counselor, etc.)
- One reference to work effort in academic or professional setting reference (teacher, supervisor, community member, etc.)
- A copy of an admission letter or a letter of commitment from a college or university (should be submitted upon award notification)
Please submit your application through one of the following options: mail, email, or drop off at office.
- Mail your application to:
ATTN: Mattie Reynolds Scholarship Committee
330 High Street
Eugene, OR 97401
- Email your essay (PDF), resume (PDF), and letters of recommendation (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Mattie Reynolds Application.”
For comments, questions, or concerns, please email our Educational Coordinator, Lawrence, at email@example.com.